All Tech Buzz Now Moved To AllTechBuzz.NET ( New Domain Name)

Leave a Comment
Hello loyal readers I am very happy to inform you that now our blog All Tech Buzz moved to a new domain AllTechBuzz.NET .Thank you very much for you continued support for taking us this step and moving our blog to the next step ahead.

Why we moved to new domain name?

This is my first blog and the only blog as of now(Planning to start few other blogs in future).I started blogging with a cheap domain.As I am new to blogging ,I didn't know what to do in the initial stages. I didn't want to take risk and started blogging with an inexpensive domain name AllTechBuzz.IN (Rs 99 or $2 Approx.).In the beginning days of blogging I solely depended on Facebook to drive traffic to my blog as I didn't know any SEO Techniques which can draw massive traffic from search engine in which Google was the primary target.Later in the process I did lots of research on new and emerging SEO techniques.Then I started to implement them and the results were very impressive.After that I got lots and lots of Traffic from search engines.Currently 90% of our Traffic comes from search engines.We already crossed the mark 3000+ unique visitors(As per Google Analytics Stats) per day long back and now heading towards driving more and more traffic by providing quality content to our readers.
The main reason behind changing to new domain is to take this blog to a professional level.One more reason behind the domain change is that most of the people believe that .in domain is a country level domain.This impression doesn't mean only for readers but advertisers also look at your domain name while advertising their products on your blog.Blogging started as a hobby and now I make few hundred dollars from this blog every month.I want to maximise my earning from the blog by making it open for advertisers from all over the world.

Why AllTechBuzz.NET ?

While I was planning to start a blog in the beginning I am sure that its going to be a tech blog.So I wanted to include the Phrase Tech in the domain name which is very obvious.Then after going through few domains I ended up with the domain name Tech Buzz.But unfortunately this name is already taken by many other blogs which are very well established.I also wanted to establish a brand name and started blogging with the name All Tech Buzz.While registering for domain names I found that .com was already taken so went with .Net which is regarded as one of the top level domain extensions.

Disadvantages of Moving to a New Domain Name:

There are many disadvantages if you move to a new domain name.Move to new domain only if you don't have any option.
  • All your social share counts for your posts after you move to a new domain.
  • Alexa rank will be vanished and will be started from the beginning.This is one of the main factors that stopped me from moving to a new domain.All Tech Buzz has a very good listing in Alexa with an alexa rank around 40,000 worldwide.
  • Page rank will come to "0" however if you are doing a redirection then all your link juice will be carried to the new domain but you have to wait till the next Page Rank update for your Page Rank to come to normal.
  • Traffic will be decreased and it takes some time for your traffic to come back to normal.However as of now I didn't notice any major drop in my Traffic since the redirection.
  • If you are using any third party commenting system like Disqus then all the comments will be disappeared as soon as you move to new domain.But thanks for the Disqus interface,you can easily migrate all the comments from your old domain to the new domain via 301 redirection.
  • You will notice a little drop in your keywords in search engine results because the domains which are aged will have higher priority in search engine ranking.
  • Few other minor factors which I cant list out here.

Things to do as soon as you move to new domain name:

  • The first thing to do after moving to a new domain is to redirect the old domain to the new domain name and renew the old domain if it is going to expire or else you will loose all your traffic and it takes a lot of time for the things to come back to normal.
Generally redirection doesn't take more than few minutes or hours but because of my mistake our blog went down for more than 24 hours.After I confirmed that I messed up the redirection process I contacted Big Rock support.Big Rock team member interfered the redirection process and solved the problem.Thanks for Big Rock Support ,they have a very good support team and rectifies your problem with in few hours.Hold on this is not the end,after redirecting from www.alltechbuzz.in to www.alltechbuzz.net  still there was a problem,I could not open the blog without www that means it was showing an error when you type the blog address as alltechbuzz.net .After realising that I screwed up the DNS records I rectified it and solved the problem,Cheers :)
  • If you are using third party commenting system like Disqus then you have to migrate all the threads to new domain if you don't want to loose any comments.
  • Check if your new domain properly getting indexed in google or not.Submit sitemap for new domain for good results. 
  • If you wrote any guest posts or having backlinks from other blogs then try to change the url structure of the backlink to new domain.In many cases it is not possible to change the url but if you have backlinks from higher page rank websites then try to change it if possible or else you can ignore this step.
  • Claim the new site on Alexa.Com to boost your alexa rank quick.You can check the complete are on How To Increase Alexa Rank.

Design and Additional Changes:

I didnt modify the design and look of this blog as of now but this time I am very much focused towards the user friendly experience and page loading time.This is the reason why I am not going to use Alexa Widget on this blog anymore.

Our Team:

If you don't know I am Imran founder of this blog.Currently there are three employees working for this blog.Prashanth Singh Rathore,Sai Charan are the Gold Start Contributors and Vinay Kumar Gupta is one of the chief editors of the blog.

Last Words:

By moving to a new domain I have set few targets and Goals for this blog in future.The main aim is to establish it into a brand by providing high quality content to our readers.Again I am very thankful to our loyal readers for encouraging me in this process and your continued support.

Stay Connected with Us Everywhere:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ads 468x60px

Social Icons

Featured Posts